ADVENTURES IN ADVAITA VEDANTA...

Adventures in Advaita Vedanta, the philosophy and science of spirit. We are one you and I; are you curious why?..


Sing Along

Hari OM

Sounds-day is for listening/viewing a variety of devotional items from and for all ages and traditions.

SECOND ADVENT SUNDAY



In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow, 
in the bleak midwinter, long ago.

        Our God, heaven cannot hold him, nor earth sustain;
        heaven and earth shall flee away when he comes to reign.
        In the bleak midwinter a stable place sufficed
        the Lord God Almighty, Jesus Christ.

        Angels and archangels may have gathered there,
        cherubim and seraphim thronged the air;
        but his mother only, in her maiden bliss,
        worshiped the beloved with a kiss.

        What can I give him, poor as I am? 
        If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
        if I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
        yet what I can I give him:  give my heart.