ADVENTURES IN ADVAITA VEDANTA...

Adventures in Advaita Vedanta, the philosophy and science of spirit. We are one you and I; are you curious why?..


To Do...Or Not

Hari Om
Each 'Choose-day' we will investigate the process by which we can reassess our activity and interaction with the world of plurality and become more congruent within our personality.

Guru-ji's article on choosing between right and wrong for the spiritual traveller.

Arjuna floundered on the battlefield but Krishna was by his side to point him in the right direction. All are not so blessed. Most have no advisers, or they are not dependable.

To take correct decisions, first be clear and know your identity. Suppose the boss asks you to do something morally incorrect. What should you do? One thought may be 'he is my boss I am only a subordinate, why should I think? He has asked me…so I will do.' Another thought may be,
'If I resist, my boss will appraise me poorly. even sack me. I am a householder with family…loans…EMIs…'

What is your identity? Subordinate? Householder? If you think 'I am a subordinate, or I am a householder', then you will do as ordered. However, if you identify with, 'I am a responsible citizen, a spiritual seeker.' then you will not do a wrong action, even if it costs you the job.

The action will depend on:
a) Understanding…maturity…identity
b) Clarity of right versus wrong
c) Readiness to learn from experience

If there is total confusion - with sincerity, seek the Lord. Ask for HIS Guidance. He will never fail us. from where He is seated in our hearts. HE will always give right counsel.


– – Swami Tejomayananda